Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program Fall 2021 Term
Application is due in
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is seeking Vietnamese candidates for the Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program Spring 2021 Term, which begins on September 28, 2021 and finishes on November 23, 2021.
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) program offers 8-week, online university-level courses for English language teaching professionals developed by U.S. educational institutions.
Vietnamese English language teaching professionals who meet the criteria listed below are invited to apply for one of the eight OPEN Global Online Courses to be provided in the Fall 2021 Term (September 28 – November 23, 2021).
Application Deadline: July 20, 2021 at 23:59
Who can apply?
- Be a citizen of Vietnam;
- Be a full time English teacher at a public school/college/university in Vietnam (except for the EMI course);
- Have not participated in an E-Teacher course or an OPEN Global Online Course for the last three years;
- Be dedicated and promise to complete the fully-funded course, which is valued at approximately $1,500 per participant;
- Have strong English language reading and writing skills (minimum 550 TOEFL, 70 iBT, or CEFR B1 or equivalent; no certificate is required);
- Be living in Vietnam for the entire duration of the course;
- Have regular (4-5 times per week) access to a reliable and up-to-date computer with high-speed internet connection;
- Be able to spend 1-2 hours online per day at the participant’s convenience for the duration of the 8-week course;
- Be willing to enroll in a second or third course if your primary choice is unavailable.
What courses are available?
- Content-Based Instruction- delivered by World Learning
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting (Integrating Critical Thinking) - delivered by World Learning
- TESOL Methodology- delivered by University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers- delivered by Arizona State University
- Teaching English to Young Learners- delivered by George Mason University
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively- delivered by World Learning
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom (Using Educational Technology) - delivered by Iowa State University
- English as a Medium of Instrution(EMI) - delivered by Ohio University
- Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement (FSME)- delivered by University of Oregon.
See course descriptions at: https://www.openenglishprograms.org/GOC_Information
How to apply?
Submit an online application at http://tiny.cc/openvietnam no later than July 20, 2021 at 23:59.
Selected candidates will be notified in August 2021. If you don't hear from us by the date, please consider to re-apply for future terms.
Should you have any questions, please contact: